Thursday, March 24, 2011

Faith each day

You call it God, give it a name, follow a religion, or believe that he doesn't exist. I don't know, who he is or if he exists. Neither do I wish to ever debate that or try to prove it. Nor do I believe that everything is predestined and, something will happen only if its written in our destiny.

For me, my ultimate truth, my god, is my faith in a power that is superior than all of us. And that faith keeps me going every single day. My faith helps me make choices, and gives me power to shape my life how I wish. It stands with me when something goes wrong and gives energy to let go and move on.

When I look at him, he smiles at me and I feel a rare sense of peace. I confide in him, share my thoughts and confusions with him. When I am depressed, I cry to him. In difficult times, saying “ Shri Krishna Sharnam Mamah” (meaning I am devoting myself to your blessed feet) gives me strength. He  motivates me to be a better person each day. He teaches me to be self less and happy each day.

My morning starts with waking him, dressing/accessorizing, offering food & milk, lighting candle and incense. Followed by a silent prayer of “Thanks”. These 10 min take me far away from everything that's happening around me and undoubtedly, that is the best time of my day. A true bliss each day.



1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more! Reminded me of a very old post of mine where I share similar thoughts...
    http://sal-s.blogspot.com/2005/09/believe-it-or-not.html

    ReplyDelete